TERRA, cinema camera with high performance, while easy to be used like DSLR for video shooting. Employing S35 frame CMOS sensor, it can record up to 5K or 6K resolution; 4K slow-mo up to 100fps, 2K slow-mo up to 200fps. ProRes422HQ (.mov) and lossless compressed RAW (.krw) can be recorded in-camera on 2.5″ SSD directly, so TERRA speeds up post-workflow greatly if using ProRes and also keeps max room for grading if using lossless RAW (.krw). No Boundaries for cinematographers equipped with TERRA.
Super Lightweight: One-man Job
TERRA, weight of camera body is only 990g; its volume is only half or third of other small cinema camera. Due to its small form factor close to DSLR, TERRA works well with most of Gimbals, and also lowers the requirements on accessories: so lightweight for handheld operation and for one-man job. With new KineGRIP II and 5″ fullHD KineMON, TERRA is ready for shooting.
Powerful CMOS Sensor: Wide colour Gamut & Dual Shutter Modes
TERRA has two versions based on different CMOS sensors: TERRA 5K and TERRA 6K. TERRA 6K employs the same 6K CMOS sensor (rolling shutter) with KineMAX 6K. That means TERRA 6K captures same amazing images in wide colour gamut and same high fps at different resolutions. The latitude is up to 16 f-stops at golden 3K/2K, and 14 f-stops at 6K/4K. 6K@25fps, 4K@100fps (HiSpeed mode), 2K@225fps (HiSpeed mode). TERRA 5K is the only cinema camera with dual shutter modes in the market. That means TERRA 5K could choose rolling shutter to get best latitude, lowest noise level and fastest frame rates, and switch to Global shutter to get zero-distortion in moving situation. Thanks to Dual Gain technology, the latitude is up to 15 f-stops at rolling shutter, and 13 f-stops at global shutter. 5K@60fps, 4K@100fps, 2K@200fps.
Super-Fast Post Workflow: ProRes+RAW
TERRA can record up to 5K or 6K ProRes 422HQ directly to get super-fast workflow with very high quality footages: ProRes 422HQ is much better than codecs based on H264, and compatible with all post-workflow softwares. Actually, TERRA is the only camera which can record ProRes 422HQ up to 5K or 6K in the market. For maximum room for grading, you can choose to record clips as lossless compressed RAW as KineRAW (.krw) which is natively supported by SCRATCH v8.4, and can be transcoded into Cinema DNG and ProRes by KineStation which is a software provided by Kinefinity.
SATA 3.0 interface compatible with 2.5″ 7mm SSD Recommend KineMAG+500GB/1TB
custom 3D LUT upload to TERRA Size up to 33*33*33 Switching LUT instantly
In-camera Oversampling to ProRes: Sharper and More clean Crop mode KineEnhancer Above three modes to get multi-framing and multi res
TERRA 6K: 4320×3240@30fps TERRA 5K: 3600×2700@50fps Monitoring is desqueezed images
Four native mount
Native EF mount (Iris controlled) Native EF mount w/ KineEnhancer (Iris controlled) Native PL mount (/i tech) Native KineMOUNT (Short FFD) w/ max flexibility to different mounts
KineBACK: Provides more than SDI and XLR audio KineMON: native monitor for TERRA by one cord KineGRIP II: new handgrip w/ powering and control KineKIT-TR: lightweight and robust from Movcam again
Recommendation for TERRA packages: Note: HiSpeed KRW footages can not be transcoded into CinemaDNG, but it can be transcode into any other ProRes format by KineStation.
For resolution and fps @HiSpeed, please refer to spec table of TERRA.
Merge all these performance of S35 cinema camera into such little beauty, this is TERRA: creation, no boundaries. Not only for one-man job, but also for professional crew; ProRes codecs speeds up the post workflow greatly. Besides, TERRA 5K is only cinema camera with dual shutter modes.
1. TERRA Lens mounts
TERRA has three types of lens mounts:
- Native EF mount: Cinema type EF mount with locking ring, Native S35 shooting;
- KineMOUNT (max flexibility): KineMOUNT provides enough possibility due to its short FFD. New KineMOUNT is re-designed to be light with electronic contact (active) in order to support PL mounting adapter with /i tech and new cordless EF mounting adapter. For max flexibility, KineMOUNT is best choice, and more mounting adapters with different functions will be introduced in the future;
- PL mount: Native PL mount is configured on Kine camera for the first time, perfect choice for PL lens, especially anamorphic PL lens. Native PL mount and PL mounting adapter (mark II) supports /i tech. Lens data can be read from lens and be recorded into footages if the lens supports /i tech too.
The three lens mounts of TERRA with much less weight allow TERRA more suitable for handheld, gimbal even drone.
Note: EF mounting adapter supports electronic iris-control, while Nikon F mounting adapter does not support electronic iris-control, but it can support only G lens iris-control by technical ring. In addition, individual mounting adapters are accessories, not included in the body when purchase.
If you choose camera body with KineMOUNT, you will get the maximum possibility for using different lens even with different mounts: using different mounting adapter on demand. Besides, just like attaching a lens, it is very easy and fast to attach the adapter to KineMOUNT with no need of adjusting FFD.
- For EF lens, just buy EF Mounting Adapter II；
- For equivalent full-frame shooting with EF lens, just buy EF mounting adapter II with KineEnhancer；
- For cinema PL lens, just buy PL mounting adapter II：
- For Nikon lens, just buy Nikon F mounting adapter II；
- For equivalent full-frame shooting with Nikon F lens, just buy Nikon F mounting adapter II with KineEnhancer；
Since 2014, every mount or mounting adapter made by Kinefinity is lock-type mount, like cinema PL mounting lock mechanism. It provides much better stability; fits very well in professional way when video shots using follow-focus gear.
2. TERRA model
TERRA has two versions based on different CMOS sensors: TERRA 5K and TERRA 6K.
TERRA 6K employs the same 6K CMOS sensor (rolling shutter) with KineMAX 6K. That means TERRA 6K captures same amazing images in wide colour gamut, and same high fps at different resolutions. The latitude is up to 16 f-stops at golden 3K/2K, and 14 f-stops at 6K/4K. 6K@25fps, 4K@100fps (HiSpeed mode), 2K@225fps (HiSpeed mode).
TERRA 5K is the only cinema camera with dual shutter modes in the market. That means TERRA 5K could choose rolling shutter to get widest latitude, lowest noise level and fastest frame rates, and also switch to Global shutter to get zero-distortion in moving situation. The latitude is up to 15 f-stops at rolling shutter, and 13 f-stops at global shutter. 5K@60fps, 4K@100fps, 2K@200fps.
3. Shoulder pack (Fits only TERRA Professional Pack)
KineKIT-TERRA has an option for shoulder pack, which includes:
- Movcam Shoulder Pad: x1;
- Movcam right-side wooden handgrip: x1;
- Movcam TERRA Trigger Cable, coiled: x1 – connect the control port of TERRA to the handgrip so as to trigger on or off by the button on the handgrip;
- Movcam Rosette Extension Arm: x1;
- Movcam Rosette Offset Adapter: x1;
- Movcam KineMON Mount (tailored for KineMON): x1.
This option of shoulder pack is totally worth it; you can shoot on your shoulder very comfortably.
Since TERRA has industry-standard monitoring ports, industry-standard memory slots, industry-standard battery mount and flexible mounting options, you can configure your own TERRA according to your budget, your lens, accessories and monitors.
1. Typical configurations of TERRA
Recommend two practical and cost-saving packages: TERRA Basic is suitable for one-man job, TERRA Pro is for film crew with more accessories options:
Note: TERRA KineBACK only supports SONY V-mount battery plate. For Anton-Bauer broadcast battery, you need to buy a V-mount to Anton-Bauer plate adapter.
2. Three universal accessories packages
For universal accessories, there are three packages to save your time and cost:
3. Options on lens mounts
Please refer to mounting options (second tab of this page).
4. DIY by Kinefinity and 3rd party accessories
There are many available accessories for TERRA: not only from Kinefinity, but also from third-party companies, off-the-shelf, qualified and verified by Kinefinity.
- KineMON-5L: tailored for TERRA. Connects with TERRA body by only one Kine video cord, and gets power supply and video signal from the camera. KineMON-5L is easy to be mounted on TERRA body firmly;
- KineBACK: features dual 3G-SDI monitoring outputs, dual XLR ports for Phantom-powered 48V MIC, timecode input and output, SYNC, DC Power outputs, all-metal V-mount battery plate with dual D-Tap ports;
- KineGRIP II: designed for TERRA with power supply and full control of the camera. Metal structure is applied for better heat dissipation. KineGRIP II powers TERRA with KineBAT-30W battery (BP-U30 compatible) for more than one hour thanks to TERRA’s low-power design;
- KineMAG+ 500GB/1TB: born to match Kine cameras with reliability and long life, all-metal case and good heat dissipation. There is a slot on one end of KineMAG+, which perfectly facilitates pull-plug operation between the SSD and TERRA body.
- KineBAT-120W: Super compact V-mount KineBAT-120W is designed specifically to match TERRA and other small cinema camera. It can even be placed in palm, with up to 120Wh power. TERRA detects the battery and displays the remaining time when attached to V-mount;
- KineKIT-TERRA: takes into account of TERRA in different scenarios, such as hand-held, tripod, gimbal and shoulder application, high and low shooting angles, etc., which makes it best choice for TERRA.
- Mounting adapters II for TERRA with KineMOUNT: re-designed to be light with electronic contact (active) in order to support PL mounting adapter with /i tech and new cordless EF mounting adapter;
- WIFI Control option: used to control TERRA by smart device such as iPad. It turns iPad into large remote controller for TERRA.
- More TERRA accessories: including cables, solid cases, etc.
There are also many cost-saving third-party accessories which match TERRA perfectly:
- Movcam high-quality universal accessories: lightweight and solid, including follow focus, matte box, quick release plate for 15mm system or 19mm system;
- Best Glass IRND filter: NiSi Cinema IRND filter;
- SmallHD Sidefinder: 500 SideFinder ;
- SmallHD 7" LCD and OLED field monitors: AC7 LCD&OLED;
- Best Micro OLED Viewfinder Gratical EVF;
- Balanced Zacuto KIT Recoil KIT;
- Most Competitive Tripod Package: Trix/Teris Pro Tripod Kit;
- Best Standard Monitor: Zunzheng broadcast/cinema monitors.