KineMON-7U2 is the ultra-bright 7″ monitor with new touch screen function dedicated to Kinefinity Cinema Cameras. It features 2000nit Retina display, 7-inch display, 1080p full-HD and 16M colors, to bring sharp and clear image on the beautiful display. Only one Kine Video Cord is needed for the monitor to get power supply and video signal from Kinefinity Cinema Cameras.
KineMON-7U2 is easy to be mounted on the camera body firmly by using appropriate accessories for different needs.
New touch screen and Simple Operation
The ultra-bright 7-inch monitor KineMON-7U2 supports the global touch screen. You can quickly adjust eight parameters such as FPS, shutter, ISO, etc. by simply clicking the selected area of the monitor interface with your hand. You can adjust all parameters of the camera combined with the MENU, Playback and Wheel buttons. And new functions of monitors buttons includes following core functions which are used most frequently:
- Turn on/off monitors: Push up or down Power button at the side to turn on or off the monitor quickly. There is also an LED indicator for status of monitor;
- In Live View mode, press Button 1 to turn on/off the RGB histogram; press Button 2 to zoom in on the viewfinder screen; press the Wheel to display the waveform diagram;
- In Playback mode, press Button 1/2 to switch the previous/next clips; press the Wheel to display the waveform; rotate the Wheel to fast forward and fast reverse the clip.
- False color on input video: Press Button 1 for three seconds to show false color which IRE based on Arri False Color scale
- Peaking focus with red line, on/off or change peaking focus sensitivity: Press Button 2 for three seconds to show peaking or not, and enable setting of sensitivity of peaking function;
- Tuning brightness of monitor or set rotation of monitor: Press Wheel for three seconds.
Whole-new DirectClear Platform
KineMON-7U2 processes HD video on a whole-new DirectClear platform. DirectClear adopts powerful FPGA with low power consumption as basic framework to optimize image processing specially. It features:
- Ultra-low Latency: Monitoring latency is reduced 50% compared to traditional field monitors; especially with MAVO Edge/MAVO/TERRA 4K in KineOS6.3, the latency of whole camera system is relatively low to control dynamic image accurately;
- Fast Response: Fast reponse to boot up and power off, nearly no delay, while traditional monitor often needs 5~10 sec to boot up;
- Low Power Consumption: with the platform, the power consumption of monitor are largely reduced and KineMON-7U2 is still no more than 7W when at its full brightness, while the traditional one may be up to 18W, thus the monitor is capable to keep in low temperature and runs stably without active cooling;
- True and Natural Color: As a monitoring device, the KineMON-7U2 adopts more natural rendering to restore details and natural colors of the image instead of additional processing like deliberate sharpness, increasing saturation, etc.
Durability and Simple Connection
Re-designed monitor plus full lamination screen with tempered glass. With full tempered glass in front of the monitor, the screen gets better protection with high screen ratio. The case is made of rugged milled aluminum for better heat dissipation. Its surface process is more exquisite than old version KineMON-5L.
KineMON-7U2 has a standard 1/4″ threaded hole and two pin-holes at the bottom to fasten itself firmly to camera in any case, while most other monitors have only one 1/4″ threaded hole. Using appropriate accessories, KineMON-7U2 meets the different needs in the typical scenarios:
- KineMON Swivel Mount: Allow the monitor to be mounted directly to the front of the camera body and top plate of TERRA/MAVO KineKIT;
- KineMON Coldshoe Mount: Allow the monitor to be mounted directly to any location with coldshoe socket. There are two coldshoe sockets — at the front or the end of wooden TERRA/MAVO KineKIT top handgrip;
- Movcam Quick Plate: Directly mounted to right side of monitor, the quick plate can work with Movcam new EVF bracket easily free from tool;
- 6-inch Strong Arm with Damping: Allow the monitor to be positioned easily and is flexible to mount if there are 1/4″-20 threaded holes.
2000nit Full Lamination&High Brightness Screen
KineMON-7U2 is able to work directly in indoors or outdoors with its 2000nit high brightness screen. Even with direct sunlight, indie filmmakers is also able to check the composition and exposure as normal. The whole Kinefinity camera system is more flexible to create works by slim and lightweight KineMON-7U2 with full frame MAVO LF.
The ultra-bright monitor also adopts OCR Full Lamination crafts with high strength and transmissivity tempered glass to bring higher light transmission and lower light reflection, thus the image brightness is more clear under sunlight with its brightness improved. Moreover, there is grease-proofing AF Coating on glass surface, more cleanable and convenient.
KAs a monitor for cinema camera, the spec of LCD panel is superior: 16M colors (RGB 24-bit depth), 100% Rec.709 Gamut, 1920×1080 physical resolution (441ppi), 1000:1 contrast ratio, full viewing angle and LED back-illumination. High standard Retina display ensures sharp and clear image.
K*You can also add a 7-inch KineMON Sunhood to facilitate shooting in ultra bright condition.
Option Description and Shipping List
- Monitor: KineMON-7U2;
- Complete Bundle: includes KineMON-7U2, Kine Video Cord (60cm), 6-inch Strong Arm with Damping and KineMON Sunhood.
At the same time, the body weight is only 450g which barely causes any extra pressure on the camera.