TERRA 4K, the best entry-level cinema camera, 4K 160fps with 3200/800 Dual Native ISO, easy to be used like DSLR. Body weighs only 990g. Based on sub-S35 3:2 CMOS imaging sensor with 4K+ record resolution (even up to 11 million pixels with open gate recording), it works up to 160fps @4K Wide, 320fps@ 2K Wide, and records Apple ProRes422HQ or compressed RAW as cDNG directly, to get a fast and smooth post workflow.
TERRA 4K Pro Package includes nearly all accessories and the in-camera options: professional KineBACK-W module, solid and durable KineKIT-TERRA and TERRA customized solid case equipped for transportation security.
Compared with other packages:
Note: TERRA KineBACK-W only supports SONY V-mount battery plate. For Anton-Bauer broadcast battery, you need to buy a V-mount to Anton-Bauer Plate Adapter.
Besides, the following general accessory bundles for TERRA are recommended for TERRA owners to set up camera and accessories into appropriate configuration. Discount on three bundles is up to from US $500 to $1000.
TERRA Professional Package includes all essential accessories and in-camera options, easy to be operated for one-man job, also for film-making crew; ProRes codecs speeds up the post workflow greatly. This is TERRA: Create, No Boundaries.
1. Lens mounts
MAVO LF/MAVO/TERRA has universal KineMOUNT as the native mount, but it needs to work with different types of adapters for lenses.
With KineMOUNT, you will get the maximum possibility for using different lens even with different mounts: using different mounting adapter on demand. Besides, just like attaching a lens, it is very easy and fast to attach the adapter to KineMOUNT with no need of adjusting FFD.
- PL mounting adapter II: For cinema PL lens;
- PL mounting adapter II with e-ND: For cinema PL lens with built-in electronic ND;
- EF Mounting Adapter II: For EF lens;
- EF mounting adapter II with KineEnhancer: For equivalent full-frame shooting with full-frame EF lens;
- EF Mounting Adapter II with e-ND: For EF lens with built-in electronic ND;
- SONY FE/E Mounting Adapter: For SONY FE/E lens, currently the E mounting adapter only supports full manual lenses like Fuji MK18-55, 50-135.
Note: EF mounting adapter supports electronic iris-control, while Nikon F mounting adapter does not support electronic iris-control, but it can support only G lens iris-control by technical ring. In addition, individual mounting adapters are accessories, not included in the body when purchase.
Since 2014, every mount or mounting adapter made by Kinefinity is lock-type mount, like cinema PL mounting lock mechanism. It provides much better stability; fits very well in professional way when video shots using follow-focus gear.
2. Shoulder pack (Fits only KineKIT-TERRA as Movcam rig for TERRA)
KineKIT-TERRA has an option for shoulder pack, which includes:
- Movcam right-side wooden handgrip: x1;
- Movcam TERRA Trigger Cable, coiled: x1 – connect the control port of TERRA to the handgrip so as to trigger on or off by the button on the handgrip;
- Movcam Rosette Extension Arm: x1;
- Movcam Rosette Offset Adapter: x1;
- Movcam KineMON Mount (tailored for KineMON): x1.
This option of shoulder pack is totally worth it; you can shoot on your shoulder very comfortably.
Since MAVO LF/MAVO/TERRA has industry-standard monitoring ports, industry-standard memory slots, industry-standard battery mount and flexible mounting options, you can configure your own camera according to your budget, your lens, accessories and monitors.
1. Typical configurations
Recommend two practical and cost-saving packages: Basic pack is suitable for one-man job, Pro pack is for film crew with more accessories options while Premium pack includes innovative DarkTower wireless platform:
Note: KineBACK-W only supports SONY V-mount battery plate. For Anton-Bauer broadcast battery, you need to buy a V-mount to Anton-Bauer plate adapter.
2. Three universal accessories packages
For universal accessories, there are three packages to save your time and cost:
3. Options on lens mounts
Please refer to mounting options (second tab of this page).
4. DIY by Kinefinity and 3rd party accessories
There are many available accessories for MAVO/TERRA: not only from Kinefinity, but also from third-party companies, off-the-shelf, qualified and verified by Kinefinity.
- KineMON: tailored for MAVO/TERRA. Connects with camera body by only one Kine video cord, and gets power supply and video signal from the camera. KineMON-5L is easy to be mounted on body firmly;
- KineBACK-W: features dual 3G-SDI monitoring outputs, dual XLR ports for Phantom-powered 48V MIC, timecode input and output, SYNC, DC Power outputs, all-metal V-mount battery plate with dual D-Tap ports;
- SideGrip: designed for MAVO/TERRA with power supply and full control of the camera. Metal structure is applied for better heat dissipation. SideGrip powers MAVO/TERRA with GripBAT 45Wh battery (BP-U30 compatible) for more than one hour thanks to low-power design;
- GripBAT 45Wh: GripBAT 45Wh matches SideGrip for MAVO/TERRA. Capacity up to 45Wh enables a power supply about 100 mins for MAVO/TERRA, even with KineMON. Work with SideGip, it servse as an UPS if powered by V-mount battery.
- KineMAG 500GB/1TB: born to match Kine cameras with reliability and long life, all-metal case and good heat dissipation. There is a slot on one end of KineMAG+, which perfectly facilitates pull-plug operation between the SSD and MAVO/TERRA body.
- KineBAT 120Wh: Super compact V-mount KineBAT 120Wh is designed specifically to match MAVO/TERRA and other small cinema camera. It can even be placed in palm, with up to 120Wh power. MAVO/TERRA detects the battery and displays the remaining time when attached to V-mount;
- KineKIT-TERRA: takes into account of MAVO/TERRA in different scenarios, such as hand-held, tripod, gimbal and shoulder application, high and low shooting angles, etc., which makes it best choice for MAVO/TERRA.
- Mounting adapters II: for MAVO/TERRA with KineMOUNT: re-designed to be light with electronic contact (active) in order to support PL mounting adapter with /i tech and new cordless EF mounting adapter;
- More TERRA accessories: including cables, solid cases, etc.
There are also many cost-saving third-party accessories which match MAVO/TERRA perfectly:
- Movcam high-quality universal accessories: lightweight and solid, including follow focus, matte box, quick release plate for 15mm system or 19mm system;
- Best Glass IRND filter: NiSi Cinema IRND filter;
- SmallHD 7" LCD and OLED field monitors: 702 LCD&702OLED;
- Best Micro OLED Viewfinder Gratical EYE EVF;
- Balanced Zacuto KIT Recoil KIT;
- Most Competitive Tripod Package: Trix/Teris Pro Tripod Kit;
- Best Standard Monitor: FSI/Zunzheng broadcast/cinema monitors.