TERRA, the smallest cinema camera with high performance, easy to be used like DSLR. Two models based on different CMOS imaging sensor: TERRA 4K/6K. All models can work up to 100fps @4K Wide, 200fps@ 2K Wide, and record as Apple ProRes422HQ or lossless compressed RAW on standard 2.5″ SSD. Besides, TERRA 4K features Dual Native ISO : 3200/800.
TERRA 6K is in production with backorder date 2~4 weeks; TERRA 4K is in production with backorder date 3~5 weeks.
TERRA basic package includes essential accessories, such as solid 5″ FullHD KineMON, whole-new SideGrip with multi-function, GripBAT 45Wh package (two batteries and one charger), and a new-designed 7mm KineMAG 500GB.
Start to shoot videos as soon as you attach a lens to TERRA!
Compared with TERRA professional package:
Note: For TERRA 6K, HiSpeed KRW footages can NOT be transcoded into CinemaDNG, but it can be transcoded into ProRes up to 444XQ by KineStation. For resolution and fps at HiSpeed mode, please refer to spec of TERRA 6K.
Besides, the following general accessory bundle for TERRA are recommended for TERRA owners to set up camera and accessories into appropriate configuration. Discount on three bundles is up to from US $500 to $1000.
TERRA Basic includes essential accessories, easy to be operated for one-man job; ProRes for fast post workflow. This is TERRA, Create, No Boundaries.
1. TERRA Lens mounts
TERRA has universal KineMOUNT as the native mount, but it should work with different types of adapters for lenses.
With KineMOUNT, you will get the maximum possibility for using different lens even with different mounts: using different mounting adapter on demand. Besides, just like attaching a lens, it is very easy and fast to attach the adapter to KineMOUNT with no need of adjusting FFD.
- PL mounting adapter II: For cinema PL lens;
- PL mounting adapter II with e-ND: For cinema PL lens with built-in electronic ND;
- EF Mounting Adapter II: For EF lens;
- EF mounting adapter II with KineEnhancer: For equivalent full-frame shooting with full-frame EF lens;
- EF Mounting Adapter II with e-ND: For EF lens with built-in electronic ND;
- SONY FE/E Mounting Adapter: For SONY FE/E lens, currently the E mounting adapter only supports full manual lenses like Fuji MK18-55, 50-135;
- Nikon F mounting adapter II: For Nikon lens;
- Nikon F mounting adapter II with KineEnhancer: For equivalent full-frame shooting with full-frame Nikon F lens.
Note: EF mounting adapter supports electronic iris-control, while Nikon F mounting adapter does not support electronic iris-control, but it can support only G lens iris-control by technical ring. In addition, individual mounting adapters are accessories, not included in the body when purchase.
Since 2014, every mount or mounting adapter made by Kinefinity is lock-type mount, like cinema PL mounting lock mechanism. It provides much better stability; fits very well in professional way when video shots using follow-focus gear.
2. TERRA model
TERRA has two models based on different CMOS sensors: TERRA 4K and TERRA 6K, with different body color as titanium grey and black.
TERRA 4K as a new TERRA member, features with high speed & low noise 4K CMOS image sensor, sub-S35 image format(the crop factor over FF as 1.85). The native frame rate of CMOS image sensor is up to 100fps, so the TERRA 4K can record 4K wide up to 100fps, 3K wide up to 150fps, 2K wide up to 240fps. At the same time, its rolling effect is very low due to its high native frame rate, even running at regular fps. With the advanced CMOS process technology, the CMOS sensor has lower noise level, half of TERRA 6K, and its base ISO is up to 1600.
TERRA 6K employs the same 6K CMOS sensor (rolling shutter) with KineMAX 6K. That means TERRA 6K captures same amazing images in wide colour gamut and same high fps at different resolutions. The latitude is up to 16 stops at golden 3K/2K, and 14 stops at regular 6K. For frame rate, 6K@30fps, 4K wide@100fps (HiSpeed mode), 2K wide@225fps (HiSpeed mode).
3. Shoulder pack (Fits only KineKIT-TERRA as Movcam rig for TERRA)
KineKIT-TERRA has an option for shoulder pack, which includes:
- Movcam right-side wooden handgrip: x1;
- Movcam TERRA Trigger Cable, coiled: x1 – connect the control port of TERRA to the handgrip so as to trigger on or off by the button on the handgrip;
- Movcam Rosette Extension Arm: x1;
- Movcam Rosette Offset Adapter: x1;
- Movcam KineMON Mount (tailored for KineMON): x1.
This option of shoulder pack is totally worth it; you can shoot on your shoulder very comfortably.
Since TERRA has industry-standard monitoring ports, industry-standard memory slots, industry-standard battery mount and flexible mounting options, you can configure your own TERRA according to your budget, your lens, accessories and monitors.
1. Typical configurations of TERRA
Recommend two practical and cost-saving packages: TERRA Basic is suitable for one-man job, TERRA Pro is for film crew with more accessories options:
Note: TERRA KineBACK only supports SONY V-mount battery plate. For Anton-Bauer broadcast battery, you need to buy a V-mount to Anton-Bauer plate adapter.
2. Three universal accessories packages
For universal accessories, there are three packages to save your time and cost:
3. Options on lens mounts
Please refer to mounting options (second tab of this page).
4. DIY by Kinefinity and 3rd party accessories
There are many available accessories for TERRA: not only from Kinefinity, but also from third-party companies, off-the-shelf, qualified and verified by Kinefinity.
- KineMON: tailored for TERRA. Connects with TERRA body by only one Kine video cord, and gets power supply and video signal from the camera. KineMON-5L is easy to be mounted on TERRA body firmly;
- KineBACK: features dual 3G-SDI monitoring outputs, dual XLR ports for Phantom-powered 48V MIC, timecode input and output, SYNC, DC Power outputs, all-metal V-mount battery plate with dual D-Tap ports;
- SideGrip: designed for TERRA with power supply and full control of the camera. Metal structure is applied for better heat dissipation. SideGRIP powers TERRA with GripBAT 45Wh battery (BP-U30 compatible) for more than one hour thanks to TERRA’s low-power design;
- GripBAT 45Wh: GripBAT 45Wh matches SideGrip for TERRA. Capacity up to 45Wh enables a power supply about 100 mins for TERRA, even with KineMON. Work with SideGip, it servse as an UPS if TERRA is powered by V-mount battery.
- KineMAG 500GB/1TB: born to match Kine cameras with reliability and long life, all-metal case and good heat dissipation. There is a slot on one end of KineMAG+, which perfectly facilitates pull-plug operation between the SSD and TERRA body.
- KineBAT 120Wh: Super compact V-mount KineBAT 120Wh is designed specifically to match TERRA and other small cinema camera. It can even be placed in palm, with up to 120Wh power. TERRA detects the battery and displays the remaining time when attached to V-mount;
- KineKIT-TERRA: takes into account of TERRA in different scenarios, such as hand-held, tripod, gimbal and shoulder application, high and low shooting angles, etc., which makes it best choice for TERRA.
- Mounting adapters II: for TERRA with KineMOUNT: re-designed to be light with electronic contact (active) in order to support PL mounting adapter with /i tech and new cordless EF mounting adapter;
- WIFI Control option: used to control TERRA by smart device such as iPad. It turns iPad into large remote controller for TERRA.
- More TERRA accessories: including cables, solid cases, etc.
There are also many cost-saving third-party accessories which match TERRA perfectly:
- Movcam high-quality universal accessories: lightweight and solid, including follow focus, matte box, quick release plate for 15mm system or 19mm system;
- Best Glass IRND filter: NiSi Cinema IRND filter;
- SmallHD Sidefinder: 500 SideFinder ;
- SmallHD 7" LCD and OLED field monitors: 702 LCD&702OLED;
- Best Micro OLED Viewfinder Gratical EYE EVF;
- Balanced Zacuto KIT Recoil KIT;
- Most Competitive Tripod Package: Trix/Teris Pro Tripod Kit;
- Best Standard Monitor: FSI/Zunzheng broadcast/cinema monitors.