SCRATCH: One toolset for on-set production through the entire post-production workflow.
Start with managing your dailies and then work at the speed of your skill and imagination throughout the entire post-production process. There is no need to buy, learn and integrate multiple disparate applications.
- For on-set DITs, DPs, and directors, SCRATCH delivers a real-time data workflow for dailies, playback/review, and color grading.
- Move to the post studio and creative professionals use the same toolset for conform, advanced color grading, versioning, VFX, compositing, finishing, and mastering.
- One toolset ensures consistent look and feel, as well as color, throughout the entire pipeline.
SCRATCH is insanely fast – experience fluid and highly productive client-attended sessions.
SCRATCH squeezes every ounce of performance out of your GPU(s), so you can fly through creative color-grading sessions with your client. Even in 4K with tons of layers, the SCRATCH UI is real-time and responsive.
- Save hours in post production with the unique SCRATCH CONstruct™ that lets you manage your shots or VFX in a “stacked” timeline.
- Set up unlimited versions and switch between them, or see them side-by-side.
- Mix and match any format, at any resolution, or color space.
SCRATCH saves you tons of money on VFX.
- Only SCRATCH seamlessly blends world-class color correction with deep 3D compositing and OFX plug-ins in one unified, real-time system – at a price you can actually afford;
- No more interrupting your DI session because you have to send out beauty shots or quick object-replacements.
- This way of working is not only faster and cheaper, but the ultimate in creativity.
With SCRATCH, you can work in any format, any resolution.
- SCRATCH V8.3 supports the KineRAW(.krw) codec.
- Apply the need for speed to VFX dailies reviews;
- Use the extras like XML integration with other specialized
tools, such as Nuke and Shotgun;
- Seamless Avid and FCP
- The killer conform engine.
Special price for Kinefinity camera owner
If you are Kinefinity camera owners, you can get the special price of SCRATCH (over 70% discount OFF) as:
- Annual rental: $199.00 USD;
- Permanent purchase: $999.00 USD.
Surprise continues, the customers who buy KineMINI or KineMAX 6K,
- Get One SCRATCH (One-year rental) license for FREE if buy KineMINI 4K or KineMAX 6K after Apr 2015 (including 2015 Apr) ；
- Buy SCRATCH at special price, if buy Kine camera before April 2015.
For oversea, Kinefinity camera owners can buy one license at such special price, while Kinefinity camera owners in China can buy up to three licenses at such special price.
The process of purchase and installation:
- Choose type of license you want to buy, and place order. Please note your SN of Kine camera if you are owner of Kine cameras;
- We will validate the SN of Kine camera manually;
- You will get the license Key by email;
- Download SCRATCH then activate the software by entering the license Key.
Note: Please email us the MyAssimilate ID if you want to bundle the license key with your MyAssimilate.
Kinefinity camera owners can buy license at the special price if they continue the use of SCRATCH.
Download latest SCRATCH
You need to download SCRATCH from Assimilate website: http://www.assimilateinc.com/trials/registration.aspx.
Learn more about SCRATCH
Check the tutorials of SCRATCH and more FAQ:
Full resolution support for RED, ARRI, Kinefinity, Sony, Canon, Panasonic, DLSR and all other popular camera and media formats. Featuring unmatched real-time performance and reliability, SCRATCH removes the risk and frees the filmmaker and DP to get the most from a high-resolution digital shoot.
Real-time full resolution, native playback of all popular camera formats
- Fully ACES compliant
- Kinefinity KineRAW(.krw) codec
- Oculus Rift VR360 file format including Cylindrical, Equi-rectangular, and Cube formats, for output to a secondary monitor, or an Oculus Rift DKI or DKII
- REDCODE RAW.r3d including monochrome footage. Support for multiple RED Rocket cards with DRX control
- RED Dragon
- ARRIRAW including new ASSIMILATE customARRI fast Debayer – built for significant speed while still preserving color accuracy
- Sony F5/F55/F65 including 6K and 8K
- SONY Mpeg-2 .mp4, .mov and XAVC HD/4K .mxf
- Panasonic RAW, P2/MXF and AVCHD
- Canon C500, C300, Magic Lantern (.raw and .mlv), 5D, 7D5D, 7D
- Blackmagic Design Cinema DNG, BMDPocket camera
- Vanguard Video H.264 encoding (Mac and Windows)
- Aaton Penelope
Over 50 additional formats.
Powerful finishing tools
Shot Versioning, SCRATCH CONstruct manage multiple versions of the same 2D or 3D shots within the same timeline for easy comparison.
- Vector paint
- Subtitling support
- Apply OFX plug-ins to create a wide range of visual effects
- Direct Output: Real-time tools for frame-rate conversion, image-resolution scaling and frame-accuracy to monitors, projectors and tape decks using both DVI and SDI interfaces
- Multiple Deliverables: Create alternate versions in different resolutions, image formats and framing, all from a single source
Fast, highly interactive color grading
- Real-time, non-destructive primary and secondary color grading
- Heads-up color grading interface and support for Avid Artist Color panel series or all Tangent panels – including the Element
- Source-side adjustments for mixed color space workflows
- Match and auto grading
- 2D and shape tracking
- Keying based on Vector, Chroma or Luminance
- Controls for finessing keys
- Integrated Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope and Color Curve views
- Group shots, copy/paste color grades and reference libraries
- Key frames and animation curves
- Import and save 1D and 3D LUTs based on primary color grades
- Support for a shaper LUT inside a cube LUT
High-speed conform and confidence checking
No other software offers the range of tools for quickly conforming and checking against a reference clip.
- Mix-and-match RED.r3d files with ARRIRAW or Phantom (or any other media format recognized by SCRATCH), even Canon DSLR, within the same resolution-independent timeline
- Dual-View, Half-Mix and Side-by-Side comparison options
- Quick Keys for moving through a timeline and edit tools for shot manipulation
- AAF import and MXF integration
- Import and export ALE
- Final Cut Pro XML import
- Final Cut X 1.4 support for conform
- Shot log metadata import
- Metadata search
- Stereoscopic 3D versioning
- CDL support
- Output to multiple file formats such as DNxHD, DPX, ProRes (Mac OS version only) Tiff, JPG, Quicktime, MXF and more
- Export with timecode and metadata
- Multilayer timeline
State of the art metadata and timecode support
Sync timecode from multiple cameras (including stereo) with a unique “Match Timecode” function. Stack cameras into a single slot, then automatically sync the timecode all of cameras to one of them.
- Generate dailies by automatically naming clips based on any metadata field, including camroll, scene and take.
- Create flash burns either at the top and tail of a clip, or throughout its duration.
- Capture scene and take metadata automatically from broadcast wave audio files.
- Automatically generate new timecode for DSLR cameras such as the Phantom, Canon 5D/7D and GoPro that don’t support it. Easily increment the timecode with each slot and even skip by user-defined intervals.
- Populate Avid AAF files with extended metadata, avoiding the double pass to access that ALE files required. This effectively removes the need for separate ALEs.
- Select, update, add or remove metadata in a spreadsheet editor-style. Update metadata for a single shot or multiple shots at once, as well as update data by entering plain text or using formulas that contain other metadata items. New metadata can then be exported via ALE or XML to be imported into other systems or integrated with other proprietary tools.
- Match/find, load and apply looks to multiple shots in the form of 3dl, CDL, LUT or XML, and audio. This new feature will search and match by name, time-code, or any common metadata items. In addition, artists can now auto-link audio files to shots purely based on metadata and file name.
An entirely new, flexible viewing model
Create dual views of any image in a project by quickly and easily selecting a version, a reference, a clip from any video track, or a color buffer.
- Compare them using one of two methods: a difference method, or an overlay method with opacity controls and a 360 degree wipe
- One of the dual views can be designated as an output view (showing the final result of a shot), while the other is a fully functional working canvas with access to even the deepest elements of a shot, including a complex composite or color grade
- Intuitively manipulate any element of the working view and instantly see its resulting affect updated to the output view at full resolution and in real time
Stereo 3D workflow support
Imagine the creativity of a full stereo workflow that provides consistent, intuitive feedback during the conform, color grading and finishing process. Stereo image pairs are automatically linked for versioning and real-time playback to a wide variety of stereoscopic delivery systems.
- Check and adjust stereo with dedicated link and convergence controls
- Bicubic controls for fixing 3D stereo images
- Position elements relative to the screen plane
- Immediately review decisions in stereo
- Panasonic 3D stereo camera support with automatic stream de-muxing
Flexibility and extensibility
Future-proof your workflow with an advanced and scriptable XML back-end that allows you to:
- Automate SCRATCH to maximize productivity
- Access your job anywhere via HTMLIntegrate SCRATCH via XML with other tools in your workflow such as Nuke, Shotgun, Avid or Final Cut Pro
- Enhance SCRATCH with OFX plug-ins such as Sapphire, Beauty Box, Twixtor, and Neat Video
- Built-in SQL database supports a full range of metadata
Advanced audio sync
- Broadcast wave support
- Automatically sync to timecode or slate
- Interactive waveform for sync
- Interactive audio scrub
The new Live View function takes in the SDI signal from a camera and allows artists to work and grade directly on the camera feed. It also reads the camera metadata if available, which is then displayed in the metadata stack in the Player module. In addition, the name of a SCRATCH Gallery item can be based on the metadata of the current shot (e.g. Live View). The determined grade can then be easily linked to the recorded shot further downstream in the pipeline.