This update brings native 3K 4:3 anamorphic recording, 3K M4/3 recording, new notification way and new full screen display with core parameters.
1. Native 3K 4:3 Anamorphic: Matches anamorphic lens to get super wide images:
- Recording Resolution: 3K 4:3 2880×2160@30fps;
- Aspect ratio of 4:3 matches anamorphic lens with factor of 2, so that it will gain CinemaScope frame as 8:3(2.66:1). With the process in post-workflow, it can reach up to 5760×2160 (6K) CinemaScope;
- For monitoring when shooting at 4:3 with anamorphic lens, you can de-sqeeze the images into normal image by setting anamorphic lens factor in CONFIG menu.
2. 3K Recording and 3K Slow-Mo：For shooting at 3K resolution, it will gain much better 2K images with downconversion in post-workflow; and it can get an acceptable 4K images with upconversion in post-workflow too.
- 3K HD：2880×1520@48fps;
- 3K Wide：2880×1208@60fps;
- Frame as M4/3 when 3K Recording.
3. New full screen display with core parameters: Simpler, More efficient full screen display: not only for liveview but also for playback:
- More Image shown on the display;
- Display recording status, realtime timecode;
- Display exposure parameter: Iris, shutter and ISO;
- Notification and Warning.
4. Improved notification and warning: cameraman will be easier to get the information of power supply voltage and SSD status.
- Detect Power Supply Voltage, no matter Battery supply or AC-DC supply;
- Detect SSD status;
- Detect the temperature of Core Processing Circuit;
- Algorithm of bad pixel removal and storage.
- Fix the bug of KineRAW(.krw) decoding at some extreme cases.
Note: 3K 4:3 Anamorphic and 3K M4/3 Recording are included in 4K RAW Option.
Stability of Firmware： Evaluation. Note: Must use with V0.7 KineStation.
Notes: Updating firmware is easy and quick: Download firmware to FAT USB disc; insert it to KineRAW USB port; choose upgrade firmware in Config Menu. Less one minute, the update job is done. It takes effect after reboot.