KineOS5.2 is only for TERRA 6K. The update covers improving monitoring image quality; allowing different FPS for monitoring; much more responsive on UI; activating Sleep Mode on SideGrip and lowering the minimum sensor fps.
1. Improving the monitoring image quality:
The real-time monitoring image quality is highly improved:
- Improve monitoring algorithm to get better monitoring image quality;
- Reduce latency of monitoring;
- Support different monitoring frame rate such as 23.976fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30fps, 50fps, 59.94fps and 60fps, making HD-SDI or 3G-SDI possible;
- Better compatibility for third-party monitors.
2. More responsive:
It’s more efficient while set ISO or switch between 3D LUT, and also more fluent operation when set the e-ND(electronic ND) adapters.
3. Sleep mode available:
One more function on SideGrip, the sleep mode is now available:
- SideGrip supports low power consumption at sleep mode (press twice on the sleep mode button);
- Help you save the GripBAT power and the time to reboot the camera as well.
- The minimum sensor fps is lowered to 2fps;
- Zebra is applicable now at Golden 3K;
- While transcoding the KRW clips into CinmaDNG by KineStation, the KineLOG3 is burned into the clips;
- Waveform display at RAW mode, the wave shows data with LOG;
- Auto White Balance works with codec ProRes;
- Enlarge the volume range of in-camera MIC and 3.5mm MIC;
- SSD indicator works;
- Improve the safety and stability of adapters when attached EF lenses;
- Improve the security of SSD file system;
- Fix the black margin of clean display while monitoring;
- Fix other bugs.
Stability of this version: Evaluation. Note: work with KineStation V0.9.
Photo Courtesy of Canbox Production.
Download firmware for TERRA 6K: Download TERRA Firmware >>
Download KineStation v0.9: Check KineStation v0.9 >
Instructions: Firmware upgrading for TERRA: download firmware to FAT/FAT32 USB stick; insert it to USB port of Kine camera; choose upgrade firmware in Config–>system–>upgrade firmware Menu. The update job is done about fifteen minutes. It takes effect after reboot.
Note: The firmware upgrading of TERRA takes about 15 minutes, never lose power during the process, else it needs to be sent back for repair.
Suggestion: Strongly suggest to restore to factory setting after reboot to prevent unexpected setting conflict with new firmware.