Following the 1000 nit KineMON-7H monitor, Kinefinity introduces the ultra-bright KineMON-7U monitor to the market, 2000nit Retina display, more accurate colors and brand-new functions: record and playback button added to the upgraded monitor. Delicated to MAVO and TERRA, the KineMON-7U keeps 1080p IPS LCD screen with AR coating and Anti-fingerprint coating, brightness up to 2000nit brings daylight visibility on same whole-new DirectClear platform. Only one Kine Video Cord is needed for the monitor to get power supply and video signal from MAVO/TERRA.
KineMON-7U is easy to be mounted on the camera body firmly by using appropriate accessories for different needs.
Record and Playback Functions
The ultra-bright KineMON-7U is added with record and playback buttons and Tally light to trigger corresponding functions on camera body.
- Liveview Mode: Press record button to trigger the function on camera body. Tally light shows red; press record button one more time to stop record.
- Playback Mode: Press playback button (triangle icon) to enter into playback mode; button 1, button 2 and wheel on the side of monitor upgrade with new functions:
- Press button 1 and button 2 to check the previous clip and the next clip respectively;
- Press Wheel: Play or pause the current clip;
- Rotate Wheel: Speed or back the current clip.
KineMON-7U can recognize the camera condition automatically. Under liveview mode, the button 1, button 2 and wheel is able to function as those buttons on KineMON-5U/7H:
- Button 1: Press Button 1, peaking focus with red line on/off; press Button 1 for three seconds to enable setting of sensitivity of peaking function.
- Button 2: Press Button 2, to show RGB histogram at the left corner of screen; press Button 2 for three seconds to show false color which IRE based on Arri False Color scale.
- Wheel: Tuning brightness of monitor: Press Wheel, then rotate the wheel, it will change brightness of monitor at 10% step while 60% brightness in default; press Wheel for three seconds, the monitor can be set rotation 180 deg manually or auto rotation based on rotation angle of monitor itself.
- Power Button: Push up or down Power button at the side to turn on or off the monitor quickly. There is also an LED indicator for status of monitor.
Whole-new DirectClear Platform
KineMON-7U processes HD video on a whole-new DirectClear platform. DirectClear adopts powerful FPGA with low power consumption as basic framework to optimize image processing specially. It features:
- Ultra-low Latency: Monitoring latency is reduced 50% compared to traditional field monitors; especially with MAVO LF/MAVO/TERRA 4K in KineOS6.5, the latency of whole camera system is relatively low to control dynamic image accurately;
- Fast Response: Fast reponse to boot up and power off, nearly no delay, while traditional monitor often needs 5~10 sec to boot up;
- Low Power Consumption: with the platform, the power consumption of monitor are largely reduced and KineMON-7U is still no more than 6W when at its full brightness, while the traditional one may be up to 18W, thus the monitor is capable to keep in low temperature and runs stably without active cooling;
- True and Natural Color: As a monitoring device, the KineMON-7U adopts more natural rendering to restore details and natural colors of the image instead of additional processing like deliberate sharpness, increasing saturation, etc.
Durability and Simple Connection
Re-designed monitor plus full lamination screen with tempered glass. With full tempered glass in front of the monitor, the screen gets better protection with high screen ratio. The case is made of rugged milled aluminum for better heat dissipation. Its surface process is more exquisite than old version KineMON-5L.
KineMON-7U has a standard 1/4″ threaded hole and two pin-holes at the bottom to fasten itself firmly to camera in any case, while most other monitors have only one 1/4″ threaded hole. Using appropriate accessories, KineMON-5U meets the different needs in the typical scenarios:
- KineMON Swivel Mount: Allow the monitor to be mounted directly to the front of the camera body and top plate of TERRA/MAVO KineKIT;
- KineMON Coldshoe Mount: Allow the monitor to be mounted directly to any location with coldshoe socket. There are two coldshoe sockets — at the front or the end of wooden TERRA/MAVO KineKIT top handgrip;
- Movcam Quick Plate: Directly mounted to right side of monitor, the quick plate can work with Movcam new EVF bracket easily free from tool;
- 5-inch Strong Arm with Damping: Allow the monitor to be positioned easily and is flexible to mount if there are 1/4″-20 threaded holes.
2000nit Full Lamination&High Brightness Screen
KineMON-7U is able to work directly in indoors or outdoors with its 2000nit high brightness screen. Even with direct sunlight, indie filmmakers is also able to check the composition and exposure as normal. The whole Kinefinity camera system is more flexible to creat works by slim and lightweight KineMON-7U with full frame MAVO LF.
The ultra-bright monitor also adopts OCR Full Lamination crafts with high strength and transmissivity tempered glass to bring higher light transmission and lower light reflection, thus the image brightness is more clear under sunlight with its brightness improved. Moreover, there is grease-proofing AF Coating on glass surface, more cleanable and convenient.
As a monitor for cinema camera, the spec of LCD panel is superior: 16M colors (RGB 24-bit depth), 100% Rec.709 Gamut, 1920×1080 physical resolution (441ppi), 1000:1 contrast ratio, full viewing angle and LED back-illumination. High standard Retina display ensures sharp and clear image.
*You can also add a 7-inch KineMON Sunhood to facilitate shooting in ultra bright condition.
- Monitor: KineMON-7U Monitor;
- KineMON-7U Complete Bundle: KineMON-7U, Kine Video Cord (60cm), 5″ Strong Arm with damping and KineMON 7″ Sunhood.
At the same time, the body weight is only 390g which barely causes any extra pressure on the camera.