It is used on KineMOUNT of Kine cameras. Kine cameras turn into PL Cine camera in one second. It is standard Cine PL Mount, Support ARRI UP/MP/Anamorphic Cine Lens for S35mm lens even S16mm lens. Its features cover following:
- Reliable and robust, made of Steel, so that it can support heavy PL cine lens;
- Adjustable FFD, using steel shim;
- Can use S16mm cine lens, No dark corner at S16 mode for KineRAW;
- Interchangeable Mounting adapter for KineMOUNT; Quick and Robust for mount change.
There are two different PL mounting adapter based on material; the only difference exists on the weight:
- The weight of PL mounting adapter of Steel: 760g;
- The weight of PL mounting adapter of Titanium alloy: 460g.
- PL Steel or Titanium Alloy mounting adapter;
- Mount cap from Kinefinity;
- Shims: 25umx1; 50umx1; 100umx1.
FAQ about PL Steel mounting adapter
KineRAW-S35 and KineRAW-MINI with KineMOUNT.
NO. This adapter only for KineMOUNT.
You should use S16mm image format when you use S16mm cine lens, so that there is no dark corner. CONFIG->Shooting->Sensor Format-> S16mm.
There will be dark corner if you choose S35mm or Sport Mode as Sport S35mm.
First, make sure your camera employs KineMOUNT. Caution: KineMOUNT FFD is very short, so install adapters onto KineMOUNT very carefully to prevent anything from touching sensor/OLPF.
- Release the locking ring of KineMOUNT in Counter-Clockwise way;
- Install the adapter to KineMOUNT: Notch on the adapter to the location PIN in the KineMOUNT. There is pin located at 45 degree in the left corner of KineMOUNT;
- Rotate the locking ring of KineMOUNT to fasten adapter with KineMOUNT firmly in Clockwise way.
It is same with other mounting adapters.
The FFD is adjusted for new camera with adapter.
You need following things to adjust FFD if tuning FFD is needed:
- Flange test diagram;
- The shim for the adapter;
- A new prime lens or zoom lens;
- Measuring tape.