Based on active locking mount as EF Mounting Adapter II, whole-new EF 3 Mounting Adapter is designed in accordance with traditional DSLR lens rotation method but have much improvement. Compared to the previous version, EF 3 Mounting Adapter not only possesses the traditional way to rotate the lens clockwise, but also keeps active locking to fasten the lens, thus the EF lens can be installed quickly and locked clockwise as the PL lens, which is suitable for the utilization of Follow Focus when shooting.
The EF 3 Mounting Adapter fits for MAVO/TERRA. (Please visit and buy the EF 3 Mounting Adapter with KineEnhancer if you want to shoot with Full Frame lenses when use S35 camera. Please visit and buy the EF 3 Mounting Adapter w/ e-ND if you want to shoot with ND.)
EF 3 Mounting Adapter features:
- Increase traditional DSLR lens locking method: rotate the lens clockwise until stop;
- Keep cine camera active locking method: lock the lens clockwise until fasten firmly without mobile space;
- Hot-swap: change your lenses while the camera is on; offer extra electric protection;
- Electronic contacts: Support majority of EF lens with Iris control;
- Simple but reliable connection: the new mounting adapter matches KineMOUNT perfectly without any cord;
- Lightweight: it weighs only 200g, but still reliable and robust.
Attention: Power down camera when swapping different adapters, else camera or adapters may be burned.
How to Attach/detach the EF lens to the EF 3 mount?
Steps of attaching EF lens to new EF 3 mount as following:
- Unlock: Rotate locking ring of EF 3 mount counter-clockwise till stop; (Take off all the caps or covers from camera and lens mount;);
- Install EF lens: Align red dot on lens, white line on locking ring and dot on mount. And make sure that the pin on mount matches the hole of lens; rotate EF lens clockwise till release button up;
- Lock: Rotate locking ring of EF 3 mount clockwise as the arrow direction until fastened firmly.
Steps of detaching EF lens from new EF 3 mount:
- Unlock: Rotate locking ring of EF 3 mount counter-clockwise till stop;
- Detach EF lens: Fully press the release button on the right side of EF 3 mount and rotate EF lens counter-clockwise.