The current firmware of TERRA is KineOS 5.0, which has optimized the encoding of Apple ProRes. In the latest version of KineOS 0.5, KineRAW (KRW) RAW is also provided. You can choose either high-efficiency and high-quality Apple ProRes or lossless KineRAW for best image quality. The version of KineStation for TERRA is V0.9.
1. Lossless KineRAW:
- Lossless compression algorithm: no color sampling and loss. The 500GB KineMAG+ SSD could record around 90 minutes 4K RAW clips with its date rate slightly larger than ProRes422HQ;
- Work with SCRATCH to playback and grade, perfectly;
- It can be transcoded into up to ProRes4444/4444XQ for ProRes workflow or CinemaDNG for CinemaDNG workflow by KineStation V0.9;
- KineRAW doesn’t support some resolution as downscale/oversampling resolution such as 4K@S35, 2K@M4/3.
2. KineStation V0.9:
- Transcode KRW into ProRes422, 4444 or 4444XQ;
- Transcode clips (not HiSpeed) into standard CinemaDNG.
Stability of this version: Evaluation. Note: work with KineStation V0.9.
TERRA 6K with Freefly M15 and ZE f2.8. Courtesy of Ricardo Perret (BIRDVIEWPICTURE GmbH).
Download firmware for TERRA 6K: Download TERRA Firmware >>
Download KineStation v0.9: Check KineStation v0.9 >
Instructions: Firmware upgrading for TERRA: download firmware to FAT/FAT32 USB stick; insert it to USB port of Kine camera; choose upgrade firmware in Config-->system-->upgrade firmware Menu. The update job is done about ten minutes. It takes effect after reboot.
Note: The firmware upgrading of TERRA takes about 10 minutes, never lose power during the process, else it needs to be sent back for repair.
Suggestion: Strongly suggest to restore to factory setting after reboot to prevent unexpected setting conflict with new firmware.